Wednesday, December 30, 2009
So I went to the lush store on Christmas eve to get gift cards for a few people and A strawberry massage bar for myself =x and the girl at the desk gave me two awesome sized samples of two different soaps I've been wanting to try "Rockstar" and "The godmother".....Needless to say I am going to buy huge chunks of both of these very soon. I wrote the websites discriptions of the products under them and they are DEAD on...except i think rockstar smells like cotton candy and the godmother smells like redvine, the perfect sugary sweet scent all GIRLS smell like of course <3
- Made with fresh crushed strawberries for a sumptuous massage treat! Melt the cocoa and shea butter with your hands or rub it all over your sweetheart to make massaging go smoother. The delectable fragrance of strawberries mixed with hibiscus flower infusion will release for a sensual massage. It's especially wonderful after a shower with Yummy Yummy Yummy, our strawberry shower cream wash with the same delightful fragrance. It's like rolling in a feild of strawberries without the sticky mess...
- The LUSH fairy godmother came and swooped her silver wand over our best-selling seasonal Snow Fairy shower gel, turning it into bar form and naming it after herself. In case you haven't smelled Snow Fairy, the scent is sweet like fruity pink candies. We'd just like to point out that it does not, however, taste like yummy candies; it tastes like soap.
- If you are attracted to everything pink, you'll love our best-selling Rock Star soap. Sweet as rock candy, full of white soap stars and scented with vanilla absolute (used in flavouring cakes and ice creams), Rock Star is deliciously soft and creamy. Lather all over to smell of sweets for hours. This decadently rich bar is known to increase singing in the shower, so if you dream of attaining rock star status, best start here.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Into this base of rolled oats you can stir just about any dry ingredient imaginable: other grains, like flakes of rye or wheat; dried fruit; spices, from cinnamon to vanilla to nutmeg to cardamom; orange zest, crystallized ginger, peanut butter, even chocolate chips. And of course, any nut or seed you can think of: I favor a combination of cashews, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and pecans.
6 cups rolled oats (not quick-cooking or instant)
2 cups mixed nuts and seeds: sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds or cashews
1 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut, optional
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
1/2 to 1 cup honey or maple syrup, or to taste
1 cup raisins or chopped dried fruit, optional Method
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine oats, nuts and seeds, coconut, cinnamon, salt and sweetener. Place on a sheet pan and put in oven. Bake for 30 minutes or a little longer, stirring occasionally. Mixture should brown evenly; the browner it gets without burning, the crunchier the granola will be. 2. Remove pan from oven and add raisins or dried fruit. Cool on a rack, stirring once in a while until granola reaches room temperature. Transfer to a sealed container and store in refrigerator; it will keep indefinitely.
And if you don't like this recipie.... here is a picture of
my soundly sleeping husband after a bowl full of granola =)
Saturday, July 18, 2009
These are things I use on a daily basis, I adore these products something serious.
1.Sympathy for the skin vanilla almond body cream from lush.
2.St Ives fresh skin moisturizer.
3.Juicy couture perfume.
4.Nina ricci perfume.
5.St Ives apricot scrub.
6.St Ives body polish.
7.Aussie moist shampoo & conditioner.
8.Got2b smoothing stain drops.
9.Porridge bar soap from lush.
10.Organic Coconut oil "for the ends of my hair".
11.Grape olive & nectarine lip balm "boots".
12.Burts bees lemon butter cuticle creme.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Yesterday I went to the second hand stores in my area...again. If you ask my husband he's going to tell you it's a problem, but I say he just doesn't understand the value of a wondrous treasure hunt and I think from now on as I'm heading out to my ship map in hand and boots full of sand he should just embrace the words of good ole Wendy darling and see me out the door with a kiss and very encouraging "So, peter, you've become a pirate."
1. Three wooden bowls. My mother remembers eating from wooden bowls and seeing her face lite up with nostalgia made me even more thankful that I got them. "99 cents each"
2. An old scotch bottle holder that has brilliant detailing on it and will make a splendid cookie tin :) "50 cents"
3. A pretty large and aged looking brass candelabra that kind of me gives me a regal princess feeling every time i look at it."$2.50"
4. It would seem Cinderella forgot more than her glass slipper, my favorite thing I purchased yesterday was this metal pumpkin carriage with vines reaching out from every angle of it and an adorable door that opens up to a perfect spot for a little candle. I can't wait to see the shadows its casts. "2.50"
I've started a blog in hopes of sharing my love for life, photography and adorable things with you guys & cleaning up my myspace a bit....okay a lot, I have entirely too many photo albums and I am afraid I will get a strongly worded E mail from Tom any day now in regards to my extreme abuse of bandwidth. So I hope you all enjoy, I know I will :)
"Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.
The Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
Alice: How do you know I'm mad?
The Cheshire Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here."